IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
"Be a Smart Cookie: READ!" Niagara Summer Reading Program (9-11AM)
- K-1 June 17-18
- 2nd June 19-20
- 3rd-4th June 24-25
- Library will be open for flex checkout and AR test-taking for any grade level on all of the above days from 12-3PM with parent supervision. All AR tests taken on these days will count for toward the first grading period's goal!
July 30 Home Blitz
August 5 Back-to-School-Night 5-7PM
August 7 First Day of School 7:30 AM New school theme- "Niagara Elementary Students Going Global"
Thanks again, to our fantastic Niagara parent volunteers for making our 100% Accelerated Reader reward, Beach Day, a huge success. Students enjoyed an inflatable water slide and snow cones provided by the PTA, a dance station helmed by our very own DJ Jazzy Kim C, and much more. Our students loved it, and we couldn't have done it without all the extra help!
Thank you, Niagara Parents, for the wonderful treats you've shared with us for Teacher Appreciation Week! Niagara parents are the best!
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 SBDM Council
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 PTA Officers:
Sign your child up for the Niagara Summer Reading Program, "Be a Smart Cookie: READ!" All AR points earned over the summer will count for next grading period. Click HERE for an application, or call the school for more information.
Thanks PTA for your hard work on the Spring Fun Fair! And thanks to parents and students who came out to play games, eat, and bid on items to raise funds for Niagara School!
Many thanks to the following people who made the Niagara School Science Expo a huge success!
Special guests were:
- Kara Becker, Henderson Community College
- Officer Jenny Richmond, Henderson Police Department
- Susan Sauls, Tri-county Recycling Alliance
- Jeff Porter, UK Extension Office
- Rico Tyler, Western Kentucky University
- Scott Heath, Kenergy
- Wayne Hart, WEHT 25/Local 7
- Jeff King, Pioneer/Soybean Board
- Brian Joy, HCC/Lego League
- Shawn Jackson, Brenntag Mid-South
- Darrel Pfingston, Henderson Co. Schools
Special thanks to the volunteers:
Parent Volunteers: Emily Guier, Johna Miller, John Miller, Beckey Morphett, Sid O’Nan, Anne Rakestraw, and Martha Sandefur;
Staff Volunteers: Greg Pirtle, Trish Gerber, Karen Long, Angela Moffett, Lori O'Nan, Judy Pike, Judy Powell, Rhonda Siewert, Tresa Skaggs, Jennifer Walters
A big thank you to all our speakers and presenters at Niagara's Career Day. We appreciate the time you spent educating our students about the opportunities that await them one day in the career world!
- City/County EMS: Tim Stone/Brett Fletcher
- Farming: JC Hicks
- Semi-Truck Driving: Michael Market Trucking
- Sheriff James Riley and Alex the Drug Dog
- Dental Hygiene: Melody Corke
- New Hope Animal Rescue: Paula Hawkins
- Beautician: Donna Tarver
- E.R. Nurse: Tina Wolfe
- Machine, Tool & Welding: Chelsea Smitson/Justin Cessna
- Automotive: Faith Whitledge/Nathaniel Parke
- Carpentry & Engineering: Dylan Payne/Andrew Blackwell
- Visual Arts: Kaylynn Poole/Kaelin Hildreth
- Agriculture: Jessica Murch/Jacey King
- Health Science: Josh Miller/Kailyn Edwards
- Culinary Arts: Shania Alexander/Destiny Thomas
- Criminal Law: Drea Stacer/William Pruitt
Our Niagara Presidential Inaugural Ball was a big success!
Thanks to all our parents who sent in food, and more thanks to those who served at the reception. We couldn't have done it without you!
Thanks also to Riverbend Academy and Steve & Wendy Casey for demonstrating the tango and then teaching our students a fun dance!
Thank you, parent volunteers for helping with the dance on Friday, Nov.9! Attendance was down, but we still made several hundred dollars to spend on technology at our school! You assistance is greatly appreciated!
Thank you, parent volunteers, for helping make the Scholastic Book Fair such a big success. We raised over $1000 to purchase new books for our library!
SBDM Meets every third Thursday of the month @ 4:30 in the media center.
Thanks so much to the great parent volunteers who helped with the Niagara Book Bistro! Students had a wonderful time and they all got a "new" gently used book to take home. All leftover books will be saved for the Spring Fling book walk.
Thank you, Grandparents, for making Niagara's annual Grandparent's Day Breakfast a huge success! We had 257 grandparents attend and we will make over $800 on souvenir photos for our school technology fund!
Niagara loves Grandparents!
A big thank-you also goes to the parents who came to help us out on Grandparent Day. They helped serve food, sign-up for photos, and clean up. Niagara loves its Parent Volunteers, too!
13043 Hwy 136 E.
Henderson, KY 42420