The Communications Team strives to keep the community and the media informed about the extraordinary educational opportunities happening in Henderson County Schools.
Megan Mortis, Public Information Officer
- Media Requests
- Media Relations
- Social Media
Contact Megan by phone or email:
Cindy Williams, Public Relations Officer
- School Calendar of Events
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Arts in the School and Multicultural Coordinator
- HCTV television program
- Staff Bulletin
Contact Cindy by phone or email:
HCTV (channel 197) is on Spectrum Cable and is the home of HCTV, broadcasting information about Henderson County Schools.
Find Henderson County Schools on Social Media:
Requesting Media Access to Schools
The Communication Department will take media requests for access to a school during normal school hours:
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Reporters can contact Megan at 270-831-8728.
The Communications Department and the school will determine if the request for access is appropriate. All reporters-and all guests-are required to sign in to the school’s main office, wear a guest pass at all times, and comply with all district policies and local and state laws concerning the use of minors in news and broadcasting.
- Reporters must have permission to be on a school campus.
- Reporters are allowed access to students and school activities only at the discretion of the communications team and the principal.
- Reporters are not allowed in classrooms that are testing.
- Reporters may be allowed in classrooms at the discretion of the principal and teacher.
- Prior consent is needed for interviews with students under the age of 18. Please check with communications team.
- Large-group shots of students are permitted, but personally identifiable photographs of students without a photo/video release form signed by parent/guardian are not allowed.
To request for media to be present at a school event or to request the communications team to film and photograph a school event please click on link below:MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST