All HCS Families:
What information will you need in order to complete OLR?
- Household information -- address and phone numbers
- Parent/Guardian information -- full legal name; birth date; home, work, and cell phone numbers; and email addresses
- Student information -- full legal name, birth date, health/medication information
- Emergency Contact - full legal name, birth date, addresses, and phone numbers
Note: Required fields in the registration are marked with a red asterisk. The district will receive the information you enter exactly as it is typed. Please be careful of spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Dates should be entered as MM/DD/YYYY and phone numbers as xxx-xxx-xxxx. Names cannot include apostrophes or hyphens. (example: O’Nan = ONan)
The internet browser’s pop-up blocker needs to be turned off.
A mobile device like a phone or tablet cannot be used for OLR. Must use a Chromebook, desktop, or laptop.
For help with parent portal or registration, please email OLR@HENDERSON.KYSCHOOLS.US or call 270-831-8784
Current HCS Student enrolling for the 21-22 School year ---
- Primary Parent/Guardian logs into their IC Parent Portal account.
- Click the Online Registration link.
- The next page that opens lists all children the parent/guardian has guardianship for and whether they can(primary parent/guardian for) or cannot register the student(not the primary parent/guardian).
- Also, on that page, choose the school year for which registration is being done from a drop-down, then click Begin Registration.
- Parent/Guardian completes and submits the registration.
Steps for Uploading Required Documents during Online Registration
Do these steps before starting the registration, if possible
If you have documents needed by the school saved to your computer, you can upload them to the school during your student registration process.
There is an Upload link in a specific OLR section for the needed document.
If you need steps to follow for scanning a document with a phone, saving, and uploading documents, see below.
Scan a document with an iPhone and Upload it into Online Registration
- Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button, then tap Scan Documents.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button or one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
- Once saved to the phone, you can email the document to yourself, save it to your computer, and upload it using the Upload link in the Online Registration
Scan a document with an Android Phone and Upload it into Online Registration
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Scan .
- Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan.
- To save the finished document, tap Done .
- Once saved to the phone, you can email the document to yourself, save it to your computer, and upload it using the Upload link in the Online Registration.
Required documents can be (1) UPLOADED to OLR or
(2) dropped off at the school DROP OFF BOX.
New Parent/Guardian/Student or Formerly Enrolled Student enrolling for the 21-22 School year:
- The parent/guardian must call the school where their student(s) will be enrolling. (This must be the home school district in which the family resides.)
- The school will provide the Primary Parent/Guardian with a special link to complete OLR.
- The parent must provide the school the required documents for a new student.
- OLR is completed and submitted.
- Birth Certificate or other reliable proof* of age- Copy of your child’s certified birth certificate. The hospital copy will NOT be accepted.
- Immunization Record- Copy of current immunizations (must be on Kentucky form and contain Hepatitis A).
- Preventative health care exam- Physical from doctor’s office or local health department. Physical must be on a Kentucky form and dated 1 year prior to start date. In addition, another physical within one year prior to entry into the 6th grade
- Eye Exam- Eye exam completed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist on Kentucky School Eye Exam form and submitted by January 1, 2022.
- Dental Exam- Copy of dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a 5- or 6-year-old child is enrolled.)
KDE guidance indicates that schools are required to enroll students regardless of their immigration status and provide additional enrollment assistance to those students who are “homeless children and youths," individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate night-time residence.
*Examples of "other reliable proof:" Types of "other reliable proof" of a student's identity and age may include but not be limited to: