- HB 563 (School Choice Bill) changed the procedure with which Kentucky schools admit nonresident students.
- Nonresidents must apply to attend Henderson County Schools.
Nonresident Applications will be accepted from June 3-10, 2022. (Applies to instate, Kentucky residents only.)
- An online application will be posted at henderson.kyschools.us on June 3rd or a paper application can only be picked up at the HCS Professional Development Center (631 North Green Street, Henderson, KY). All paper applications must be submitted to the Director of Pupil Personnel at the Professional Development Center (631 North Green Street, Henderson, KY).
- The number of nonresidents accepted is limited by capacity.
The capacity for each school is set based on 5% of each school's May 1st enrollment and classroom cap size.
- Transportation will NOT be provided for nonresident students.
Parent/Guardian must provide all transportation.
- Nonresident Applications will only be accepted from June 3-10, 2022.
Parents will be notified the week of June 20th to communicate if their student has or has not been accepted to attend Henderson County Schools for the 2022-2023 school year.
For more information, contact Kasey Farmer Wolfe, DPP at [email protected] or 270-854-0141.