Director of Public Information
- District Spokesperson
- Media Relations
- District Newsletter
- District Social Media and Website Content Manager
- Community Relations
Contact Megan by phone or email:
Follow Henderson County Schools on Social Media
HCTV (channel 197) is on Spectrum Cable and is the home of HCTV, broadcasting information about Henderson County Schools.
The Communication Department will take media requests for access to a school during normal school hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Reporters must have permission to be on a school campus.
- Reporters are allowed access to students and school activities only at the discretion of the communications team and the principal.
- Reporters are not allowed in classrooms that are testing.
- Reporters may be allowed in classrooms at the discretion of the principal and teacher.
- Prior consent is needed for interviews with students under the age of 18. Please check with the communications team.
- Large-group shots of students are permitted, but personally identifiable photographs of students without a photo/video release form signed by parent/guardian are not allowed.
The Communications Department and the school will determine if the request for access is appropriate. All reporters-and all guests are required to sign in to the school’s main office, bring identification to sign in, wear a guest pass at all times, and comply with all district policies and local and state laws concerning the use of minors in news and broadcasting.
REQUEST FOR COMMUNITY FLIERS/ADVERTISEMENT
The flier that you submit will be reviewed to see if it meets the guidelines for distribution in the schools.
-Materials must be in a bundles of 25.
-Materials are not allowed to be delivered to the schools until approved by the Board of Education office.
Fliers will not be approved for the following reason(s):
- Activities must primarily support the student's interest rather than the interest of the supporting group.
- Materials may not reference, enhance, or inhibit religion.
- Materials may not contain racial or ethnic slur.
- Contain information that would create concern for student safety.
- The information promoted has no school-related purpose.
Materials shall be required to have a school-related purpose, except for the following:
1. Materials from non-profit groups, providing athletic and/or recreational opportunities for students shall be considered.
2. Materials from non-profit organizations dedicated to providing services to children shall be considered.
Social media pages for HCS clubs, activities, sports, and classrooms must be approved by the Communications Department.
Please complete the social media site authorization form.