Paraprofessionals are those who wish to work in an extra service position for Henderson County Schools.
Paraprofessionals are not full time employees of the district and will not receive benefits.
Please complete an application online: click here.
Your application will be reviewed by the school principal, athletic director and the human resources department. Upon hire, an appointment will be set up with Tonya Cox, Henderson County Schools Sub Coordinator to complete paperwork.
If selected as a Paraprofessional, you must complete the following:
- Physical Examination & TB skin test (See bottom of page for form.)
- Drug Screening ($20 fee) (See bottom of page for info.)
- Criminal Background check ($33.25 fee)
- Submit a CAN check letter from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services stating you are clear to hire and have no findings of substantiated child abuse or neglect. ($10 fee) [It is recommended you submit this form as soon as possible as it must be on file prior to hiring or working with students.] (See bottom of page for form.)
- Safety Training (online free courses) Contact the Human Resource office for your username. https://henderson-ky.safeschools.com/login
- Submit Proof of Education; Social Security Card and Driver's License
If involved in athletic coaching, KHSAA Bylaw 25 must also be observed.
KHSAA Bylaw 25 states that all coaches must:
- Hold a current CPR/AED certification with a first aid certification
- Take the Fundamentals of Coaching class online at www.nfhslearn.com (one time course) [Coaches without 64 hours of college credit MUST complete the Fundamentals of Coaching course prior to performing any coaching duties.]
- Complete sport specific rules clinic annually at www.khsaa.org
- Complete the concussion and heat acclimatization/heat illness training at www.nfhslearn.com
- Complete an online sports safety course every 2 years at www.khsaa.org
- If a coach does not have 64 college credit hours, the following additional online course requirements apply (one time course). www.nfhslearn.com
- Engaging Effectively with Parents
- Teaching and Modeling Behavior
- Teaching Sports Skills OR a Sports Specific Course