The mission of Henderson County Schools is to provide extraordinary educational opportunities for every student.  ***2018-19 Online Student Registration Now Available***

Henderson County Schools

Skip to main content
| Login
Mobile Menu
Human Resources » Teaching Certification

Teaching Certification

Interested in Teaching?
If you are interested in teaching in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and do not currently hold a Kentucky Teaching Certificate, you must complete the CA-1 form from the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board.  This form must be returned to the EPSB.

Teachers with fewer than two (2) years of out-of-state teaching experience or first year teachers are required to also complete the Kentucky Teachers Internship Program (KTIP). Please visit the EPSB website linked below for more information.


Currently Teaching?
Within ten years of obtaining a Kentucky teaching certificate, completion of a Master's program is required.  Fifteen hours of this program must be completed within the first five years following certification. Once you complete your Master's program you must complete the CA-1 form. Changes in rank shall be determined by Sept.15 of each year.

Teachers are expected to check their certificate expiration data and take the required action if their certificate is expiring soon. Immediately upon receipt of the new certificate, you should send one copy to HR to be placed in your personnel file. Contact the Human Resources department for further help/information.