Henderson County Schools will offer Free Lunch and Breakfast for all Students
Henderson County Schools will be participating in the Seamless Summer Option of the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program. As part of this program, Henderson County Schools will offer healthy meals every school day at NO COST to all enrolled students and children age 18 and younger for the 2021-2022 school year.
Students and all children age 18 and younger will be able to participate in this program without having to pay a fee or submit a household application. Families in need of additional assistance for book fees and other school items will need to complete the HIF (Household Income Form).
For more information about the program and to find out about meal offerings at community sites, contact Charlotte Baumgartner, Director of Child Nutrition, at 270-831-5014 or e-mail email@example.com
SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY NUTRITION
Henderson County Food Service is a self-sustaining program with State and Federal funding for student meals served daily.
In accordance with Federal law and U. S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals that are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Child Nutrition is a Federal Program that serves
breakfast and lunch at all Henderson County Schools.
All meals meet Federal and State Guidelines.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Please encourage your child to try breakfast at school.
Adult breakfast is $2.73 and adult lunch is $4.58
Students may purchase an extra entrée daily with their meal as long as they do not owe charges
A Variety of Milk and Juice along with Fruit are available daily with breakfast and lunch.
(Fruit may be Fresh, Canned or Frozen)
In addition to the main entree' we offer additional options at lunch.
Please refer to the School Menus tab located on the right for a list.
School Lunch Charge Policy:
Adults are not allowed to charge at any time.
- Ice cream, extra items, or ala carte items cannot be charged at any time.
- If a student has over $5.00 in charges, contact will be made weekly ParentLink or by charge letter via mail.
- If a student has $10.00 or more in charges, the student will be asked to call home one time during the week to remind you to send money for his/her account.
- If a student reaches $20.00 in charges, parents will be contacted by the cafeteria manager and the school principal about the charges.
- If a student has over $40.00 in meal charges the account can be turned over to collections at the end of the school year.
- Once a student graduates parent/guardian has 90 days to request a refund of the student account. If no refund is request the funds will be transferred to a sibling account or if no sibling used to offset outstanding lunch debt owed by other students.