The capital funding projects include:
• East Heights: Roof repair for the building. Paving the car and bus rider lanes.
• South Middle: Resurface the track and install LED lighting in the school.
• North Middle: Repair the gym's wooden bleachers and install LED lighting.
• Chandler: New heating and air conditioning unit.
• District Wide Technology infrastructure
• Bend Gate: Replace pavement in the car rider line and the entryways along the bus lane.
• Archery building lot paving.
• Transportation: Concrete and entryway paving.
• Henderson County High: Resurface the tennis courts, replace the gym's sound system, enclose the attendance desk for increased security, and replace the media center flooring.
• Install LED lighting at Cairo, Niagara and Chandler.
Henderson County Schools has several energy efficient projects underway. The energy efficiency measures do have an up-front cost, a cost that is ultimately covered by energy bill savings.
The money for the energy efficiency projects comes from reserved capital outlay that was generated through the nickel tax that was passed in November 2015.