The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. During inclement weather, school leaders (4:00 a.m. Crew) are on the roads early to assess travel conditions. We monitor weather forecasts and remain in close communication with other agencies as part of our process for making decisions to cancel school, delay the start of school, or dismiss early. We try to make this decision as early as possible to allow enough time for families to make arrangements for childcare.
Henderson County Schools will post official announcements on the homepage of this website, on our Facebook page and Twitter feed, and through our Parent Link alert system whenever school is canceled, delayed, or dismissed early because of inclement weather. In addition, local television and radio stations will broadcast announcements.
If schools open on a delayed schedule:
• Bus pick-up will be delayed accordingly. For example, if schools open on a one-hour delay, bus pick-up times will also be delayed by an hour.
• The school day will end at normal time and afternoon bus routes will run on their regular schedules.
If schools are dismissed early:
• All afternoon and evening activities are canceled.
• Parents/guardians of children enrolled in Childcare will be contacted and asked to pick up their child; staff will remain with children until parent/guardian arrives.
When school is canceled:
• After-school activities will be canceled
Athletic events and practices may still be held. (weather permitting)
• The school calendar includes information about make-up days.
• Childcare will be available at the following locations: Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center, Bend Gate, and East Heights. Parents/guardians at Spottsville, Jefferson, South Heights, and Cairo can bring their children to East Heights or Bend Gate. Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center must have students enrolled at Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center. Doors open at 6:15 a.m.
There is No Business Like Snow Business! It is all about safety and we are confident that our school district families share our concern.
School Start and End Times
Regular Start Time - 7:30 a.m.
One-Hour Delay – 8:30 a.m.
Two-Hour Delay – 9: 30 a.m.
End Time – 2:30 p.m.
Regular Start Time - 7:55 a.m.
One-Hour Delay – 8:55 a.m.
Two-Hour Delay – 9:55 a.m.
End Time – 3:25 p.m.
Regular Start Time - 8:00 a.m.
One-Hour Delay – 9:00 a.m.
Two-Hour Delay – 10:00 a.m.
End Time – 3:25 p.m.
***Henderson County Schools has been utilizing virtual learning NTI days this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and because of changes to the school calendar, the decision was made to continue using NTI this school year for snow/inclement weather days. *** updated February 9, 2021